Recipe by SaraFish
A great quick bread that is not like your ordinary "dessert" banana bread - it's not overly sweet and the texture is moist yet sturdy enough to slice and make sandwiches! We like it with peanut butter and honey! Freezes well too.
Top Review by Jacquie in Brisbane
We thought this tasted very nice, moist with a good texture, but was a bit too sweet for me. I would try it again with less sugar. I used butter instead of oil, substituted sultanas for the raisins and half a cup of silken tofu for the eggs, and it worked out great.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour in loaf pan sprayed with Pam and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing.