Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great quick bread that is not like your ordinary "dessert" banana bread - it's not overly sweet and the texture is moist yet sturdy enough to slice and make sandwiches! We like it with peanut butter and honey! Freezes well too.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour in loaf pan sprayed with Pam and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing.
We thought this tasted very nice, moist with a good texture, but was a bit too sweet for me. I would try it again with less sugar. I used butter instead of oil, substituted sultanas for the raisins and half a cup of silken tofu for the eggs, and it worked out great.
This is DELICIOUS! I made this this evening for a special occasion - This was the day exactly 5 years back that we got our Mittu(my parrot) and we're celebrating this day like it's a mock birthday for him!This took exactly an hour to bake. I substituted the oil with margarine and the raisins with broken cashewnuts. Everyone enjoyed it so much at Mittu's party. Thanks for posting!
Loved it !I used yellow raisins and half the flour was whole wheat . It was really great and like the raisins better than nuts . Thanks for a lovely recipe :)