Not for kids It's true that most of the alcohol does bake off. Depends on how long the loaf is cooked. For this approximately 25% of the alcohol is retained. However, the taste may not be acquired yet by the little kiddies. I tend to have a heavy hand in the liquor department and the flavor is very apparant.
- Soak Raisins in Bourbon until plump.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Preheat oven to 325, Cream together sugar, butter, eggs, bananas, vanilla and pecans then stir in raisins and bourbon and then add flour mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour on until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Makes 1 loaf or 4 mini loafs.