Recipe by Megohm
This is a recipe I found on the back of a Roger's Wheat Bran bag, only I tweaked it a little, and the results were fantastic!
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- *1 cup milk with 1 tablespoons lemon juice may be substituted for 1 cup buttermlk.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand ten minutes or so.
- Combine vegetable oil, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas, then add to buttermilk/bran mixture.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to first mixture and stir until just blended.
- Add raisins and spoon into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy! :).