Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great way to use up bananas! Nuts could be added in as well. These have a light glaze on them that soaks in all the way to the bottom. Nice change from banana bread.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup applesauce (I use the cinnamon applesauce for more flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute (sugar can be used as well)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (I use Smart Balance)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients for the bars and spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once you pull the bars from the oven, prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze; Mix together melted butter and milk and slowing whisk in powdered sugar until you get the consistency you like. Add more milk if you think it is needed.
- Using a small knife, make several slits in the cake. About every 1/2 inch to 1 inch.
- Pour glaze over the top allowing it to soak into the bars.