1/3 Photos of Banana " Ice Cream "
You will have a hard time believing that this frozen treat is not really ice cream, but is a good-for-you all fruit dessert. I serve this to the kids in the family and they love to build their own sundaes. It melt fast, so serve it right away or stick it in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, adding the vanilla extract and just a few spoonfuls of juice or milk to make a soft serve texture to the banana"ice cream".
- 2Serve just like ice-- in a cone, in a stemmed parfait glass layered with strawberries, or as a sundae with chocolate syrup.
- 3You can also flavor the"ice cream" with other frozen fruit that you puree together with the bananas.
- 4Pineapple is especially delicious, and mango is wonderful.
- 5For Vegan do not use the milk. Use the fruit juice.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana " Ice Cream "
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g