Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will have a hard time believing that this frozen treat is not really ice cream, but is a good-for-you all fruit dessert. I serve this to the kids in the family and they love to build their own sundaes. It melt fast, so serve it right away or stick it in the freezer.
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, adding the vanilla extract and just a few spoonfuls of juice or milk to make a soft serve texture to the banana"ice cream".
- Serve just like ice-- in a cone, in a stemmed parfait glass layered with strawberries, or as a sundae with chocolate syrup.
- You can also flavor the"ice cream" with other frozen fruit that you puree together with the bananas.
- Pineapple is especially delicious, and mango is wonderful.
- For Vegan do not use the milk. Use the fruit juice.
This is so nice and creamy! Such a nice, refreshing dessert/snack. We had a filling dinner tonight.. baked cod fillets, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli smothered in melted cheese... so this dessert was really nice to end a filling meal. I just want to stress that you need to make sure you dont add too much vanilla. I found that I had to add a little sugar to the recipe because it was a little bitter without it. This is a marvelous recipe! THANK YOU SO MUCH!..and thanks for helping me figure out the measurements :-) I look forward to trying many of your recipes!!
This is a great summer dessert! I've been making it a couple of times a week since getting this recipe. I use soy milk to make it a little more creamy. Its also good with cinnamon instead of vanilla.
I too added a little splenda to offset the "bite" that frozen bannana sometimes has. The kids fought me for it! Very nice flavor, my 4 year old was calling it "bannana ice cream". Definitely like soft serve. Thanks for a great way to beat my ice cream craving in a healthy way!