Recipe by Geema
You will have a hard time believing that this frozen treat is not really ice cream, but is a good-for-you all fruit dessert. I serve this to the kids in the family and they love to build their own sundaes. It melt fast, so serve it right away or stick it in the freezer.
Top Review by love4culinary
This is so nice and creamy! Such a nice, refreshing dessert/snack. We had a filling dinner tonight.. baked cod fillets, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli smothered in melted cheese... so this dessert was really nice to end a filling meal. I just want to stress that you need to make sure you dont add too much vanilla. I found that I had to add a little sugar to the recipe because it was a little bitter without it. This is a marvelous recipe! THANK YOU SO MUCH!..and thanks for helping me figure out the measurements :-) I look forward to trying many of your recipes!!
- 2 ripe peeled bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk or 2 -4 tablespoons fruit juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, adding the vanilla extract and just a few spoonfuls of juice or milk to make a soft serve texture to the banana"ice cream".
- Serve just like ice-- in a cone, in a stemmed parfait glass layered with strawberries, or as a sundae with chocolate syrup.
- You can also flavor the"ice cream" with other frozen fruit that you puree together with the bananas.
- Pineapple is especially delicious, and mango is wonderful.
- For Vegan do not use the milk. Use the fruit juice.