You will have a hard time believing that this frozen treat is not really ice cream, but is a good-for-you all fruit dessert. I serve this to the kids in the family and they love to build their own sundaes. It melt fast, so serve it right away or stick it in the freezer.
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, adding the vanilla extract and just a few spoonfuls of juice or milk to make a soft serve texture to the banana"ice cream".
- Serve just like ice-- in a cone, in a stemmed parfait glass layered with strawberries, or as a sundae with chocolate syrup.
- You can also flavor the"ice cream" with other frozen fruit that you puree together with the bananas.
- Pineapple is especially delicious, and mango is wonderful.
- For Vegan do not use the milk. Use the fruit juice.