Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the exact recipe from the back of the box of Ancient Harvest Brand Organic Quinoa Flakes. I have not made these yet, but they are definitely in my "to try" pile.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour and flakes with the other dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, eggs and honey; add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased muffins tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- NOTES) Fill muffin tins 1/2 full; for waffles, add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and 1/2 cup milk or until desired consistency.
Delicious! I added a scoop of vanilla protein powder and half a teaspoon of flax seeds. Beware, these cooked up in half the time (less than 10 minutes).
I made these this morning. I doubled the recipe, and added a glug of olive oil to add moisture. They turned out beautifully! The texture was soft and chewy and absolutely lovely. I think that next time I will melt in some coconut oil instead of the olive oil, and I'll probably add a bit more honey or maybe chocolate chips. A great recipe - thanks for sharing!