Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious dessert quesadillas! An Emeril recipe from his episode on tortillas. My young nephew loves these, but we did too! I serve drizzled with store-bought caramel sauce or chocolate sauce. This makes 10 servings, so you may want to scale down the recipe.
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches in diameter)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups caramel sauce, warm,recipe follows
- 4 medium bananas
- whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and bananas, continue to beat until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the filling over half of each tortilla.
- Fold the other half over the filling and press slightly.
- Place on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until the filling sets, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Pan-fry the tortillas in batches, 3 at a time, until golden on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining butter and filled tortillas.
- To serve, slice each filled tortilla into thirds.
- Arrange the slices in the center of each serving plate.
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of the warm caramel sauce over each plate.
- Peel the bananas and slice 1/4-inch thick.
- Garnish each plate with the sliced bananas and whipped cream, if desired.
My family and I love these! We top them with honey instead of caramel sometimes and they're oh so yummy that way!!! You can shortcut the prep by using the ready made "Cheesecake Filling", although my kids think it's way better made from scratch.
This gets a three for ease of prep and one kid out of 3 ate it. I guess it is too sofisticated a taste for school kids. I tried it as a treat for breakfast: they had cereal instead.
My coworker brought these in for a potluck--she made oodles but they were GONE! Very nice, with a little tang from the cream cheese; not too sweet or too banana but a nice balance and mix of flavors. Whipped cream is an absolute must in my book but we didn't use any caramel or chocolate sauce.