Recipe by LonghornMama
From an April 2005 article in Cooking Light on keeping blood pressure in check with potassium, this yummy lowfat breakfast or snack has 740 mg potassium per serving. For a thinner drink, I add a bit of soy milk.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made this for my toddler DD hoping to sneak the pumpkin in. She wasn't to taken with this one & I ended up Having to add extra yoghurt & strawberries to get her to drink it. Love the idea though, thanks!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- Combine all ingredients in blender; process until smooth.
- Garnish with dash of cinnamon, if desired.