Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve warm or cold - It's a bit like a pumpkin pie without the crust.
- 3 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (16 oz tin)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Peel and slice the bananas lengthwise and cover the bottom of the casserole with the sliced bananas.
- Mix together the brown sugar,salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Beat the spice mixture into the pureed pumpkin.
- Beat together the eggs, evaporated milk& the whole milk.
- Gradually stir the liquid into the pumpkin mixture, mix well.
- Pour over the bananas into the casserole.
- Bake for apprx 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the center Serve with a good dollop of whipped cream on top.
I liked this but didn't love it. I could've doubled the spices and the sugar. I liked the idea of having sliced bananas across the bottom, but they dried out during the long cooking process. I used bananas that were just ripe - I think overripe ones might work better.