Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This makes for a great breakfast treat on a cold morning.
Make and share this Banana Pumpkin Bread With Orange Cream Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
Banana pumpkin bread
- 3 -4 extra-ripe bananas
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Orange cream cheese spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Banana Bread: Peel the bananas. Slice them into blender, whir until pureed; you should have 2 cups of puree. Combine bananas, pumpkin, eggs and sugar in mixer bowl. Beat in oil. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves and stir into banana mixture until just blended. Add walnuts.
- Pour into 3 greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to complete cooling and spread with Orange Cream Cheese Spread. Makes 3 loaves.
- Orange Cream Cheese Spread: In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, orange juice and peel until smooth.