1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Moist sweet quick bread with a scrumptious icing that is so wonderful and easy to make. Definitely not an everyday blah out-of-the-box sort of thing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Bread
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (canned ok)
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 99.22 g box instant banana pudding mix
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
For the Icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients for the bread.
- 3Separately, mix together dry ingredients for the bread and then stir into the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- 4Grease bottoms and sides of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and pour batter in.
- 5Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean; cool in pan 15 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- 6When bread has finished cooling, begin preparing icing by mixing together icing ingredients in a saucepan.
- 7Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, and continue to cook and stir, until mixture reaches 236F on a candy thermometer or forms a soft ball when a drop is placed in cold water, about 5 minutes after cooking (very simple to do).
- 8Remove from heat and beat until mixture is nice and smooth and immediately spread on bread for an icing; DO NOT ALLOW TO COOL BEFORE SPREADING OR MIXTURE WILL HARDEN.
- 9Cool iced bread completely before slicing into serving pieces.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4162.8
- Calories from Fat 1538
- Total Fat 170.9 g
- Saturated Fat 49.0 g
- Cholesterol 558.7 mg
- Sodium 4513.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 646.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 506.9 g
- Protein 31.9 g