Recipe by SJG3483
I wish I could claim this wonderful recipe, but it comes from The Duck Smith House Bed & Breakfast. It is a perfect fall recipe and makes a great gift anytime. I sometimes use more banana or pumpkin than the recipe calls for to make it more flavorful.
- 4 very ripe bananas (or more)
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (or more)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree bananas.
- Mix well with pumpkin, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add oil.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, mixing until evenly blended.
- Grease 5 small, or three standard size loaf pans and fill 1/2 full with mix Bake at 350- small loaves need 35-45 minutes, standard loaves need 50-60 minutes Bread keeps beautifully in the freezer for long periods if double bagged in a zip lock bag with the air squeezed out.