Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice mixture of banana and pumpkin in this bread that is good at breakfast or as a snack. I usually take mine with just a light coat of margarine.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed (about 1 banana)
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together sugar, egg, oil, margarine, vanilla and all other dry ingredients except for flour.
- Add mashed banana and 1-1/2 cups of flour. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin puree and remaining flour. Mix well.
- Batter will be able to be poured out of mixing bowl with ease.
- Grease a 9-inch bread pan and pour batter into pan.
- Cook for 40 to 50 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean when bread is done.
- Cool 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool on rack. Store in airtight container up to 7 days.