Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Prep time includes time to chill the dough.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream the shortening and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Add the instant banana pudding.
- Mix in 2 cups of the flour add the remaining 1/2 cup only if needed.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten balls and bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden browned.