1/1 Photo of Banana Pudding Pie
This is a delicious change from traditional banana pudding. Don't let the lengthy directions fool you cause this is really easy to prepare. From Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve 30 vanilla wafers.
- 2Coarsely crush the remaining wafers in a food processor; combine with the butter until blended.
- 3Firmly press the crumbs from the bottom of a 9" pie plate all the way to the outer edge of the plate.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 6When completely cool, arrange banana slices in the crust.
- 7Vanilla Cream Filling: In a saucepan, combine the 3/4 c sugar, flour, eggs, egg yolks, and milk.
- 8Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until it has thickened to the consistency of pudding.
- 9Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 10Pour half of the vanilla cream filling over the bananas.
- 11Layer 20 vanilla wafers on top of the filling.
- 12Pour the remaining filling over the wafers.
- 13Meringue: Beat the egg whites on high speed with a mixer until foamy.
- 14Add the sugar, 1 T at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 15Spread the meringue evenly over the filling and be sure to seal the edges.
- 16Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.
- 17Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 18Coarsely crush the remaining 10 wafers and garnish the top of the pie.
- 19Chill for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pudding Pie
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.6
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.3 mg
- Sodium 290.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 9.4 g