Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the children's cookbook, "Many Hands"
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mash bananas and put them into a mixing bowl and mash with fork.
- Add the eggs and beat them into the mashed bananas.
- With your fingers, crumble the slices of bread into crumbs.
- Add the bread crumbs, sugar, vanilla, milk and cinnamon to the banana mixture.
- Cut the limes in half.
- Squeeze the juice into the small bowl.
- Add the juice to the banana mixture.
- Stir all the ingredients well with the mixing spoon.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over low heat.
- Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture.
- Beat the mixture 75 strokes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Remove pudding and let cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.