Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Old Fashioned Banana Pudding" with wafers and bananas.
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 24 -32 vanilla wafers
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and milk; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- In individual dessert dishes, layer wafers, pudding, bananas and more pudding.
- Top each with a wafer.
- Chill until serving.
Bertha, this was "very" good and simple to make. Since I am working on weight loss I substituted fat-free sweetened, condensed milk, fat-free Cool Whip and low-fat vanilla wafers and it didn't seem to alter the taste at all. Even my husband who doesn't like anything low-fat or fat-free loved this dessert. Thanks for a great recipe! Anita Harris
This recipe is very sweet, so I recommend smallish servings of pudding with lots of bananas. I am a new fan of Pepperidge Farms mini Chessman cookies, so that is what I used instead of the vanilla wafers. My teenagers and their friends loved it!