Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Banana pudding with a crunchy topping. Cooking time is chilling time. From Taste of Home.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a bowl, combine milk, pudding mix and sour cream; whisk until mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Fold in bananas.
- Pour into a 1-1/2 quart serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- For topping, combine sugar, pecans and egg; spoon onto a greased 15-in.x10-in.x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until browned and crunchy. Cool.
- Using a spatula, loosen pecan mixture from pan and break into small pieces.
- Sprinkle over pudding just before serving.
Really good flavour! The pudding was way too thick for our liking but the taste & texture of the topping was absolutely to die for!!