Recipe by Olha
Serve this banana, sour cream and vanilla wafer classic cheesecake with warm caramel sauce, but whipped cream would be nice too. Gracious Country Inns & Favorite Recipes.
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pureed ripe bananas, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST: Combine crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar in a food processor.
- Process until nuts are crumbed.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan covering the bottom and side of the pan.
- Brown in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- FOR THE GANACHE: Bring cream to a simmer pour over chocolate and stir until melted together.
- Pour ganache into bottom of browned crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- FOR THE FILLING: Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar in mixer.
- Cream until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks one at a time.
- Add vanilla and liqueurs.
- Add 1 1/2 cups banana puree mixture.
- Pour filling mixture into chilled crust.
- Put dollops of banana puree on top of fill and then swirl with a wooden skewer or a thin knife.
- Wrap the bottom of the sprinform pan in aluminum foil so that water cannot leak inches.
- Bake at 350°F degrees in a hot water bath for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.