Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
It looks like Banana Pudding; it tastes like luscious, creamy cake! Easy to make and a kid-pleasing summer treat!
For the cake
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as directed on box)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or as directed)
- 2 -3 teaspoons bananas, flavor
- 1 cup water (or as directed)
- 6 ounces vanilla wafer cookies
For the frosting
- 1 (1 ounce) box banana cream instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix the cake batter as directed on the box, adding in the banana flavor.
- Pour half the batter in a greased (I use spray) 9x13" bake pan.
- Put down one layer of Vanilla Wafers in the batter.
- Layer on the rest of the cake batter, and bake as directed on the box.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Blend pudding mix, milk, and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well mixed.
- Cover the cake with frosting.
- Decorate as desired with remaining Vanilla Wafers.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator until serving time.