Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a very moist banana cake!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix.
- Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil and mashed banana.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth and of a drizzling consistency.
- When cake is cooled, drizzle icing over cake with a zigzag motion.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over wet icing if desired.
I made the mistake of adding more mashed bananas than the recipe calls for. This made it way too moist. Still, not a crumb went to waste. This was YUMMY!