Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Instead of making banana bread to use up those ripe bananas, why not try this instead?
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageinstant Vegetarian banana pudding mix (use butterscotch if you can't find banana, the flavour will be a little different though)
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and beat with your electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- If desired, combine 1 cup of sifted icing sugar with a little milk and drizzle this over the cake.
I used one banana and baked in a 9 by 13 pan for 45 minutes. I iced with cream cheese frosting and added pecans. Yum, very moist and banana-y.
Very moist. I only had vanilla pudding in my cupboard so I used that. My children ate up every drop. Will certainly make again next time I have "rotten" bananas.
Hey Lennie, This was so good! A very light cake, and packed with a lot of banana flavor. I prefer making this cake, than throwing together a loaf of banana bread. I didn't drizzle the cake with a powdered sugar frosting 'cause it didn't need it. It was sooo good with out it. I did use one small ripened banana, instead of the 1/2 c. that it called for. An "excellant" banana cake Lennie. Thanks for the recipe. I definately will be making this cake many times over, since it's sooo good, and sooo quick and easy to throw together.