Recipe by rloebick
Extra moist banana bread recipe. I have been on the hunt for years for a banana bread moist enough for my tastes. With the addition of heavy cream and a few other adjustments, this recipe has made me the happiest little homemaker ever! Hope you enjoy it.
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Cream butter and brown sugar together. Mix in egg and mashed banana until well blended.
- Note: Keeping the banana a bit chunky is great for the final product.
- 3. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients. Add the cream, vanilla, and spices at this time.
- 4. Pour batter into buttered muffin cups or loaf pan, your preference.
- Note: I suggest margarine or butter instead of crisco to grease pan, for color and flavor.
- 5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven (175C) for 60 minutes.
- 6. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans -- don't feel bad if you skip this step, just watch your fingers :D.