Recipe by Sassy in da South
A different take on the normal banana bread. If you love banana pudding, this recipe is for you.
Top Review by Lori - chef#779129
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars!!! Absolutely awesome and a new favourite at my home. I shared it with friends and they asked for the recipe too! A moist bread with a LOT of banana flavour. I'll be making this one regularly! Thanks for posting it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 30 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter in mixer at medium speed till creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time; beating after each one.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla wafers; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix at low speed after each addition.
- Stir in 3/4 cup walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes- 1 hour or till a toothpick comes out clean- loosely covering with foil after 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.