Recipe by Darryl Toney
This is my Aunt Vivian's recipe.
Top Review by Lennie
Cheers to Aunt Vivian! Made this dish tonight for the first time (have had it in restaurants in the American South though) and it was a hit with my family. It's easy, makes a lot, and is very tasty. My only advice is to make it ahead of time; I made it at 4 and served it at 7 and the cookies were still too crunchy (but still yummy of course).
- 4 -5 bananas, ,sliced (use a little lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 box vanilla wafer
- 1 box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (low fat)
- 1 large Cool Whip (lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese with mixer until soft and smooth.
- Add condensed milk then add vanilla pudding mix that has been prepared as directed on the box.
- Layer: Vanilla Wafers, bananas, pudding mix- Repeat layers , end with pudding mix.
- Let it set in the refrigerater until chilled.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Use large oblong dish.