Recipe by Old widow
This is Paula Deens recipe for banana pudding. I will never make my other vanilla wafer kind again. I have made this many times and everyone loves it. I don't really even like bananas but I love this. I had to list the cookies as butter cookies under the ingredients but the recipe calls for 2 bags of Pepperidge Farms Chessman cookies and that is what I use. I think you could use any kind of cookie that you think would go well and keep its shape under the pudding.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags butter cookies, divided
- 6 -8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 ounce) boxinstant french vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and put bananas on top.
- Blend milk and pudding mix with electric mixer until well mixed.
- In seperate bowl beat cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth, fold in the whipped topping. Add to pudding mixture, stirring until blended.
- Pour mixture over bananas, cover with remaining cookies.