Recipe by Sammy Mae
Easy recipe for thick, rich banana pudding. Use more or fewer bananas and cookies as needed. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Was a bit confused about the amount of regular milk to add to this recipe ~ The pudding box calls for 2 cups of milk, but according to the directions only half of that should be added. However, the ingredients call for 2 cups, so . . . ? Well, I added just the one cup (step 1) before adding the condensed milk (step 2) & that workd out very well! Another time I might just use a banana cream pudding to get a stronger taste of banana! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Add half of the milk called for on the pudding box to the pudding mix (2 cups for a 5.1 oz box); beat well.
- Add condensed milk to pudding; beat well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well incorporated.
- Layer banana slices and wafer cookies with pudding in a serving bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.