Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy recipe for thick, rich banana pudding. Use more or fewer bananas and cookies as needed. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- Add half of the milk called for on the pudding box to the pudding mix (2 cups for a 5.1 oz box); beat well.
- Add condensed milk to pudding; beat well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well incorporated.
- Layer banana slices and wafer cookies with pudding in a serving bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Was a bit confused about the amount of regular milk to add to this recipe ~ The pudding box calls for 2 cups of milk, but according to the directions only half of that should be added. However, the ingredients call for 2 cups, so . . . ? Well, I added just the one cup (step 1) before adding the condensed milk (step 2) & that workd out very well! Another time I might just use a banana cream pudding to get a stronger taste of banana! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]