Recipe by Shelda63 Dixon
It's a very good banana pudding and it is large for a pot luck or reunion gathering. It was given to me by a lady who goes to church where my son and his family goes. He says there is never any left after the dinner.
- 3 (5 1/8 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 5 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- vanilla wafer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pudding and milk, then add sour cream.
- and half of cool whip mix well.
- Layer a 9x13 inch pyrex dish with the wafers, place sliced bananas on top of them then add pudding make another layer.
- You can spread rest of cool whip on top,.
- but I put the whole 12 ounces to the pudding mixture--then I add whipped cream.
- for the top
- I also use skim milk for our regular milk so.
- I use 4 cups skim milk and 1 cup whipping.
- cream to the skim milk.