1/1 Photo of Banana Pudding
2 hrs 20 mins
This from scratch banana pudding recipe is from a cookbook called Dining with Pioneers. This book has been well used in my house, so much so that most of the recipes I have transfered to recipe cards because the pages and book itself have become tattered with use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, flour and salt in saucepan; Stir in milk and cook over medium heat until thick. (Be careful not to scortch pan).
- 2Beat egg yolks, temper egg yolks by adding two tbsp of hot mixture to yolks then yolks to hot mixture.
- 3Cook for 5 minutes; remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- 4In a 9x13 pan place a single layer of vanilla wafers on the bottom of the dish and up the sides.
- 5Place banana slices over cookies, top with pudding and chill in refrigerator.
- 6Before serving top with real whip cream. (Some people prefer meringue or cool whip which is fine but I think a 1/2 pt of heavy whip cream beat with 2 tbsp of sugar is the icing on the pudding).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (1755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3348.8
- Calories from Fat 886
- Total Fat 98.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 634.7 mg
- Sodium 1891.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 590.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 237.2 g
- Protein 47.2 g