Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
"They are so delicious - you wouldn't believe that something with prunes would be so good, but they are! And they are low in fat - 1 muffin is less than 5grams of fat. They are so moist and not rubbery or chewy! A definite must try. I had the whole lot devoured in a day."
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in banana and vanilla. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then stir into egg mixture until just moistened. Mix in the prunes. Spoon into muffin cups.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I have made this twice already. My kids and husband love these muffins.They are not too sweet, they are just right.
Easy to make, but hubby did not like them, but he is not fond of bananas. You have to like bananas in your baked goods to enjoy these muffins. I thought they were good, but I won't be making them again.
These muffins are great! I had 3 overripe bananas to use up (probably closer to 1 1/2 cups than 1 cup) but I just dumped them all in and the muffins turned out fine. They are very fluffy with a light texture and just mildly sweet. Thanks for posting!