Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A break from the regular, blueberry, apple cinnamon, or lemon poppyseed muffin. These are yummy, and great for breakfast on the go.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- Stir together pecans, brown sugar and sour cream. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl , add egg and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat cups with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into muffin cup, filling three fourths full. Carefully spoon pecan mixture evenly in center of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
- Note; You can freeze muffins, if desired. To reheat, microwave at HIGH 1 minute.
These are surprising good and very easy muffins. I especially like the hint about spraying the muffin papers with cooking oil. I’ve always had troubles with my low-fat muffins sticking to the paper, no more!