Recipe by KittyKitty
A break from the regular, blueberry, apple cinnamon, or lemon poppyseed muffin. These are yummy, and great for breakfast on the go.
Top Review by Lt. Amy
These are surprising good and very easy muffins. I especially like the hint about spraying the muffin papers with cooking oil. I’ve always had troubles with my low-fat muffins sticking to the paper, no more!
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together pecans, brown sugar and sour cream. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl , add egg and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat cups with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into muffin cup, filling three fourths full. Carefully spoon pecan mixture evenly in center of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
- Note; You can freeze muffins, if desired. To reheat, microwave at HIGH 1 minute.