Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a delicious cake! The caramel glaze is the perfect finishing touch.
Top Review by CammiesNana
I don't even like bananas but my family does. I made this cake for them and it got rave reviews! My husband, father, & sons have all requested (demanded, really!) that I make it for Thanksgiving, if not sooner. This recipe is a keeper!!!
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Cream the butter and shortening together, then beat in the brown and white sugars gradually, beating constantly for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until the hellow dissappears.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beating at low speed until blended after each addition, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the banana, pecans and vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until a woodenpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, bring the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and cream to a boil in a heavy saucepan over high heat, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute, without stirring. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Vanilla. Cool until slightly thickened, then drizzle over the cooled cake.