Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Banana pound cake made with a yellow cake mix. Just dump all ingredients into mixer bowl and beat for 4 minutes. Couldn't be easier!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in large mixer bowl.
- Mix until blended, then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Turn batter into lightly greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Sorry ... just didn't care for this. It tasted like a yellow cake mix with just a hint of banana.
Very easy and yummy! I was pleasantly surprised by the flavors and lightness of the recipe. I agree with another reviewer in that this is not a pound cake, but more like a banana spice cake.
Delicious and very easy recipe. I increased the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon.