Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups bananas, mashed (very ripe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heavily grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in 2 cups of the flour, then beat in the bananas.
- Beat in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Turn cake out onto a rack to cool.
I looked at this recipe and it looked simple and all the reviews said it was moist. So I decidedto add a couple of things to enhance it and give it a try- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. The result was amazing. Tender, moist and fantabulous!!! I'll be making this for my nephew's birthday next July for sure.
This is delicious! It was soft and the texture was perfect. This was so easy to make and I had all the ingredients handy.I halved the recipe but otherwise followed the recipe precisely. I baked mine in a bundt pan. I've already eaten 3 huge slices. Thank you!