Top Review by jpagan29
I looked at this recipe and it looked simple and all the reviews said it was moist. So I decidedto add a couple of things to enhance it and give it a try- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. The result was amazing. Tender, moist and fantabulous!!! I'll be making this for my nephew's birthday next July for sure.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups bananas, mashed (very ripe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heavily grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in 2 cups of the flour, then beat in the bananas.
- Beat in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Turn cake out onto a rack to cool.