Recipe by young n' fun
After a whole lot of research, I found just what I was looking for: a decadent, rich, and sinful cake with the amazing flavors of the ever so inviting banana. I found it on the Taste Of Home Website and I couldn't be more thankful that I did. The Recipe originally called for a simple powdered sugar glaze, but being me, I decided to take it to the next level by glazing it with my "French Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze." Look on my other recipes if you wish to find the recipe for it :)
- 14.79 ml sugar, plus
- 709.77 ml sugar, divided
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 709.77 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle tablespoon of sugar onto pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Once fluffy, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and extracts.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture alternatley with the sour cream to the butter mixture.
- Pour finished batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 75-85 minutes.