Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Wonderful fresh banana flavor. Rich and delicious.
Make and share this Banana Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine banana, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to shortening mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
Not the best pound cake. But good when you need something other than a traditional pound cake.
I made this when I needed to take a desert to a coworker that was laid up from surgery. Flavor was decent, but like chef #454846 my bundt fell apart. I had to make something else to take. If I make it again I will try it in loaf pans.
i had a problem w/ my oven so i accidently overbaked it a little. but flavor still came out awesome. banana flavor was enough. for the ones complaining that this didn't have enough banana flavor..maybe it was because they didn't wait to make sure the banana's were ripe enough? i don't know if that's the case...but i did and mine came out yummy and full of banana flavor. i even added chopped walnuts on top. yummy! thank you for sharing a great recipe! will go into our favorites!