1/3 Photos of Banana Pound Cake
I believe I got this recipe from Southern Living - found it scribbled on a program from a conference I attended in Florida. I am not a huge fan of packaged cake mixes, but this is really a life saver when you need something fast and have bananas. I've brought it to a number of potluck, where it's been a real crowd-pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease two loaf pans or a 9x13 inch pan.
- 2Mix all ingredients together, beating for about three or four minutes until thoroughly mixed. Pour into greased pan.
- 3Bake until done, about 40-45 minutes for large pan, perhaps 35 minutes for loaf pans.
- 4Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
- 5Note1: I've also mixed in a cup or so of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 6Note2: I've never put on icing, but a glaze or a dusting of powdered sugar would be nice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: