Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Giving potatoes a different taste is always an interesting experiment for dinner time. With this, people who like bananas will love this!
- 4 cups instant potato flakes
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- Boil the water and butter together. Margarine can be used instead with no issues. Salt can be tossed in as well, but I don't use it.
- Remove the pot from heat.
- Mix in the milk and potato flakes.
- Stir until you get the desired consistancy. I usually stir for about 2-3 minutes when making this much.
- Add the banana extract. When its served fresh you won't taste the bananas much, but the cooler the potatoes get the more powerful the bananas will become.