1/5 Photos of Banana Poppy Seed Quick Bread
1 hr 15 mins
From a Dole pamphlet I've had sitting around since 1986! This is a nice twist on a standard banana bread or poppy seed bread. I love the light hint of lemon in the bread too with the lemon zest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash bananas with a potato masher until all large pieces are broken down (or you can use a blender and puree the bananas) - you should receive about 1 cup of banana total. If not, then add enough banana to equal one cup.
- 2Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs and grated lemon peel until blended.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 5Beat the bananas into the wet ingredients alternately with the dry ingredients -- repeating twice ending with dry ingredients.
- 6Hand stir in the poppy seeds.
- 7Pour into a well-greased (or sprayed) 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 8Bake at 350* F for 50-60 minutes until pick inserted in center comes out clean. (The original recipe called for 60-70 minutes but mine is usually done before 60 minutes).
- 9Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to completely cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Poppy Seed Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g