Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another one of these recipes that can flip-flop from "sugared" to diabetic. It is so hard for diabetics to have good stuff for dessert without it just being boring old fruit. When I'm in the hospital, they don't even have sugar-free yogurt. That is sad. It's either a peach half or fruit cocktail. So, I love finding stuff I can make that will be "diabetic" friendly. I love bananas and pineapple (shoot..I just love fruit of all kinds). This one is really simple and good. **Cooking time is chill time.**
- 12 ounces crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 2 -3 firm bananas, sliced thin
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes sugar-free vanilla pudding (See my note in recipe)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Instead of 2 boxes of pudding, I only use 1 large box. Blend the pudding and pineapple until well-blended.
- Stir in bananas and fold in cool whip.
- Cover and chill at least one hour.
- To serve, spoon into dessert cups or just serve straight from the bowl.