Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another version of Hawaiian upside down cake! From University of Hawaii website.
Make and share this Banana-Pineapple Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Cream butter and sugar, add beaten egg.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, add gradually with milk to butter mixture. Fold in mashed banana.
- Melt butter and sprinkle brown sugar through it on bottom of pan, 8 inches square or small angel food pan.
- Add well drained crushed pineapple and chopped nuts. Pour batter over this mixture and bake in pre-heated oven of 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Made exactly as written for your Football Pool win & to serve guests as dessert for a dinner party last night. I served it w/a lrg dollop of whipped cream & garnished w/fresh mint from our balcony garden. This was an easy-fix plus very dense & moist. I did have to bake it closer to 40 min than the 20-30 min stated in the prep before it tested done. When out of the oven, I let it cool until just warm to the touch & then inverted it on my serving platter. It slipped easily & perfectly out of the baking pan. Delicious & well-received. Congrats on your FP win. :-)