Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
MMMmmm... My 2 most favourite things--all in one muffin!! Recipe can also be made into 2 medium-sized loaves, if you wish. ENJOY!!!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- STREUSEL TOPPING: Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs; set aside.
- BATTER: Combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon; stir in pecans.
- Combine eggs,vegetable oil, mashed bananas, drained crushed pineapple and vanilla extract in separate bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not over stir.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins a little more than half full.
- Sprinkle tops with streusel mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire racks.
- Batter can be used to make 2 medium-sized loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
YUMMY! I replaced half the oil with apple sauce, half the white flour with wheat, and didn't add the stuseal topping. Fantastic!
oh yum! I left this recipe out for my husband and son to make with some very black bananas! The directions were clear enough for him to follow and the end result was delicious. Great flavour and the topping made these extra special. The kids had some for breakfast the next day and the rest I popped into the frezer for another day. DH was able to get 24 muffins and 1 small loaf. Thanks for sharing :)
These muffins are my husband's favorite. He doesn't like nuts, so I add raisins instead. I also add unsweetened dried shredded coconut to the streusel topping to enhance the tropical flavor. I've also experimented with using part whole wheat flour and subsituting part of the fats with ground flax for healthiness. It seems there's nothing you can do to mess up this delicious muffin.