This recipe is from a preserving book that I have used for thirty years. It is quite sweet, yet flavorful. Very good on a bagel with cream cheese, or as an ice cream topping.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and mash the bananas, then add the pineapple to the bananas.
- 2Add the sugar to the fruit mixture and pour it into a large enameled pot.
- 3Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- 5Boil mixture for 1 minute.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in pectin, and stir for 5 minutes.
- 7Skim and seal in hot sterilized canning jars.
- 8May be water bath processed for 10 minutes, if preferred.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Pineapple Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 214.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g