This cake is excellent! This is so rich!! From a co-worker who got it from a website.
Make and share this Banana Pineapple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (approx 6)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
- Cake Instructions: Combine first 5 dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Measure 1 cup undrained pineapple.
- Reserve rest for icing.
- Add measured pineapple and remaining ingredients to bowl.
- Mix just until thoroughly combined.
- Turn into greased and floured 10" cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 70 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Icing Instructions: Drain reserved pineapple well.
- Whip margarine, icing sugar and pineapple juice together until smooth.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Spread on top and side of cake.
I gave this recipe 4 stars I made it and the kids loved it. I liked it a lot but was hoping for a lighter airy cake it is a bit dense. It has great flavor in my opinion and is very moist.
This is a really good cake. After reading another review, I decided to make this in layer pans. It took three pans, and I baked them at 350 for 35-40 minutes. I frosted the cake with buttercream frosting and it is wonderful. Very moist, sweet, and a little spicy. I used 2 tsp. cinnamon, and would use even more next time, and instead of just 1 tsp baking soda, I upped it to 2 teaspoons. The cake is super-delicious. Thanks!
Do not use a 10 inch cake pan to make this cake. After 75 minutes, the tester was clean. When I sliced the cake in half horizontally, to fill it, it was still raw in the middle. The cake is so thick, the toothpick didn't reach that far into the cake. Two 8 inch or 9 inch pans would work much better. The flavor of the baked part was very good, but the birds and deer benefited from this more than I did.