Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is another recipe clipping that Mom collected. I am sure there is one here on Zaar, but I just want to put it here for safe keeping. These are all cut out of magazines and I have no idea which magazine or paper they came from. Some are even newspaper clippings.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (approx 6)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl thoroghly stir together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients.
- Combine eggs, bananas, oil, and undrained pineapple, and vanilla.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, Stirring until well moistened.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured flute or tube pan.
- Bake at 350* for 65 -70 min or until cake test done.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients and pour on top of cooled cake.
This cake is really good!! I made it to take to a friend, and saved a small amount of the batter to make a small cake to keep. Tried it, and it was really delicious! Easy to make too! Thanks for posting this really good recipe, Chef #980807. I will make this again!