Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is summer here and time for cool drinks. I have made a host of them this year too and am posting a few of my favourites. From websites and cookbooks but with my own twists.
- 12 ounces pineapple, pared and sliced or 1 cup canned pineapple chunk
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk, 1% milk fat
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 2 cups ice cubes
- mint leaves (to garnish) (optional) or maraschino cherries (to garnish) (optional) or 1 teaspoon shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except toppings and garnish with any of the toppings if at all you wish to garnish and serve.
- That is it.
Made this for DH (and myself lol!), he went wild over it!! I omited the banana liqueur, and used dark rum instead of light! what a fantastic drink, I could sit all day and just drink this, it is so good! Thanks Fay for a great drink recipe, this is a keeper for me...Kitten:)
A delicious treat on a hot summer day. I used 1/2 of the banana liqueur called for, and added 1/4 c of coconut rum. Rave reviews from my friends!
No one would ever know that it has buttermilk in it. I made this without the "spirits". It has a very nice flavor and a real treat on a hot summer day. Thanks Fay!