Recipe by cookiedog
Another use for those over ripe bananas if you would like a change from banana bread. From the website Ethnic Eating representing Africa for ZWT 4.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
We really enjoyed this pie, it was just delicious! It reminded me of a pumpkin pie in texture and spice as well, and I think it would be a great addition to a Thanksgiving dessert table. Not having alot of added sugar was very nice too, thanks for sharing this :) Made this for ZWT4 for the ChicChefs.
- 5 medium overripe bananas
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (24 cm) baked pie shells
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Add the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, nutmeg, allspice and the cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Turn the heat of the oven down. Bake the pie for around 30 minutes. Let the pie cool.
- To serve, cut a slice and place in onto a plate. Dust with a mixture of ground cinnamon and icing sugar, serve with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.