Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Similar to pepper rings purchased at the store, except we use whatever kind of pepper we have in the garden.
- 20 -30 banana peppers, how many depends on size
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1 pinch alum
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- Wash and slice peppers-you may seed them if you want to.
- Pack in jars.
- Boil vinegar, sugar, salt, alum, and turmeric.
- Should be enough liquid for 2 pints.
- Pour vinegar mixture over peppers in jars.
- Seal with lids and screw rings.
- *myfirst ones were mushy, second batch was ok**i used green chiles and jalapenos*.
I just got done making these. These look so wonderful in the jars. Was extremely easy to make. Hubby can't wait to have these on a sub or on pizza. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
Perfect recipe for banana pepper rings - not too much sugar! I didn't add turmeric to my first batch, but will add it next time. They look beautiful in the jars! I doubled the recipe and it was the perfect amount for my collection of different sized jars.
Made these last year with banana peppers from my garden and they turned out great. Definitely add the turmeric for flavor and to enhance the yellow color. I packed these in pint jars and processed in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.